Following the success of last year’s Roman Road Summer Festival, the RRRBA is delighted to announce that the event is set to return this summer. And there are lots of ways that local residents and businesses can get involved.
This year’s festival launches on Sunday 12th July 2015 and once again we will be screening the Wimbledon men’s tennis final outdoors for all the community to enjoy. The screen will be located in Gladstone Place and we planning a greater array of food stalls this year, along with face painting and arts and crafts activities to keep children entertained.
Throughout the week a series of Fringe Events will take place and if anyone is interested in doing something special as part of the Roman Road Summer Festival please do get in touch. Fringe events last year included Origami workshop at SNAP and Teenage Bands at The Albert and are an important part of the Summer Festival programme. RRRBA will be happy to support through promotion on our website and in a printed programme of Fringe Events.
On Sunday 19th July there will be a Sunday Market at Ford Road and the adjacent Roman Road car park. The market will feature local produce, crafts, arts and vintage. It will also be host to an Eid Party celebrating the end of Ramadan. Visitors can shop for products ‘made in Bow’ and enjoy a feast of entertainment including delicious halal food, world music, locally made Eid decorations and gifts, spectacular displays and performances from local children.
The RRRBA is a voluntary organisation and Roman Road Festival relies heavily on Volunteer Power to help make it happen. It’s what makes it so special too. Feedback from last year showed us that what people loved most about the festival was its cosy, community spirit. Like last year the RRRBA is looking for local traders, local entertainers and local volunteers to be central to the festival:
- Fabulous face painters
- Artists to lead a group pavement art projects on Sunday 12th July
- Asian and Bollywood dance troupes, entertainers and artistic performers for the Eid Party on Sunday 19th July
- Hula hoop performers and/or teachers for Sunday 19th July
- Local producers of fresh food, produce and conserves who may be interested in selling their wares on Sunday 19th July
- Volunteers to help facilitate and run activities and stalls on the Sunday 12th and 19th July including kids lemonade stall, children’s swap shop stall, Straws & Cream stall, guerilla craft stall
- Traders, local businesses and community groups to set up, manage and run our Festival Fringe Events from Sunday 12th – 19th July
- Creative members of the community to help with dressing the Teeny Tiny Theatre stage
- Supplies of saree fabric, craft materials and milk crates for seating
- Crafty folk to make bunting and hanging decoration for trees and stalls
- Big strong humans to help with the ‘build and strike’ of the sites on both the 12th and 19th July (moving tables, straw bales, stalls etc)
- Amazing Ambassadors from gated housing developments to help hand out festival leaflets to residents
- There are also still one or two opportunities for hot food stalls on Sunday 19th July
- WordPress Whizz to help add an Events section to this website
**Please note all traders, artists and performers interested in applying must be registered and/or hold appropriate public liability insurance as relevant**
If any of the above opportunities sound of interest please do get in touch by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the nature of your enquiry in the subject heading of the email and copy in email@example.com.
DEADLINE: please get in contact with us by FRIDAY 5 JUNE.
A huge thank you to the local community and traders for all your support to date.
The RRRBA Team