V&A Museum of Childhood summer art camp
Monday 30 July, 2018 @ 10:00 am - Friday 3 August, 2018 @ 3:00 pm£70
Get ready for the V&A Museum of Childhood’s annual Summer Art Camp, a week full of creativity and fun.
Choose from different creative media, and work with artists to create music, films and artworks inspired by the museum’s collection. The cummer camp is aimed at ages 8-11 and lasts between 10am and 3pm each day.
Pick and Mix from the programme below (minimum booking 2 days).
Monday 30-Tuesday 31 July (2 days)
Sound and Music Experiments with School of Noise
The School of Noise will bring an exciting opportunity to be experimental with noise, sound and music. Children will get to have a go at a selection of the most unusual digital and analogue instruments, play with sound, make noise, and create compositions collaboratively.
There is no need to have experience playing music or using instruments to take part in, because music making should be fun and it is for everyone!
Wednesday 1-Thursday 2 August (2 days)
DIY Filmmaking with Albert Potrony
What happens to the toys in the museum after the last visitor leaves the building? Together with artist Albert Potrony, children will bring the collection to life, setting free its objects through film and fictional stories.
Develop characters, design costumes, make sets and props, and finally perform and film!
Friday 3 August (1 day)
Alternative Art and Design with Abigail Hunt
During the Alternative Art Day we will be thinking differently about drawing and making, looking and creating, using the museum as a starting point for new ideas.
Artist Abigail Hunt will bring a selection of fun, creative and imaginative activities that will encourage children to look closely, explore perspectives and be experimental with drawing and design.
2 days: £70
3 days: £95
4 days: £120
5 days: £140
There is a 10% sibling discount.
Terms & Conditions of booking
- By booking a place, you are agreeing to:
1. Give permission for your child(ren) to take part in Summer Art Camp at the V&A Museum of Childhood.
2. Give permission for the V&A staff to administer necessary medical treatment in the event of illness or accident.
- By booking, you are also agreeing to provide all the required information prior to the event date, including: participating child’s name(s); emergency contacts; medical conditions; allergies and intolerances; and your doctor’s contact details.
- The Museum will be sending you a welcome pack which will detail drop-off and pick-up information, the V&A child protection policy, and a registration form for you to fill in and return.
- Please bring a packed lunch. Snacks and juices will be provided.
- The parent/guardian detailed on the registration forms will be assumed to be the person responsible for dropping and collecting the participant/s.
- Parent / guardian is responsible for the administration of any routine medicines for participating children.
- Cancellation and alternation policy: refunds will not be given for places cancelled within 14 days of the start of the camp. Booking alternations can be made if the availability remains, however if you are changing to a cheaper booking within 14 days of the start of the event, the difference in cost cannot be refunded. Please also note that the booking office is open Mondays – Fridays only.
- We will be able to hold your place for 7 days before payment over the phone.
To book, call 020 8983 5202 or email email@example.com