We are currently looking for interns at Roman Road LDN, Social Streets’ flagship title in East London. The next intake will be September 2020 and applications must be in by Sunday 19th July 2020.
This paid Internship is designed for emerging creative and media professionals who would like the opportunity to gain real-life experience in online magazine publishing and to use their skills for social action at the same time.
We are a small team with a varied output covering lifestyle, shopping, heritage, culture, human interest and news. Interns will get the opportunity to pitch ideas, have their own bylines, pound the pavements, and gain experience in research, news coverage, interviewing, features, reviews and social media.
As a social enterprise, we prioritise personal and professional development in the workplace, and the intern will benefit from our supportive team culture and one-on-one mentoring with Tabitha Stapely.
You will be assisting the Editorial Assistant and learning about:
- Interviewing including vox pops on the street
- Research and pitching ideas
- Writing events, news and short stories
- Social media management and how to increase engagement and followers
- Analysing data to gather insights and report on performance
- Compiling weekly newsletters and sending them out using Mailchimp
- Optimising images for the website (metadata)
- Optimising content for the website (metadata and onpage SEO)
- Compiling data and managing databases
Duration: three months
Starting: normally the internships run from September, December, March, June
Pay: £45 per day (pro rata £12,000 per annum).
Days: four days per week
Times: 9am to 5.30pm
Location: Bow, London
Short internship, expenses only
Shorter internship, extending for up to one-month, are also available. They offer the same benefits as the three-month internship with two differences:
- The duration of this internship is a maximum of one month
- Pay covers expenses only, at a rate of £10 per day
Internship application process
If you would like to apply for an internship, please email Tabitha Stapely with your CV and tell us what interests you the most about working at Social Streets C.I.C.