A New Direction is looking for a Communications Manager to develop and deliver the existing Communications Strategy, with specific focus on A New Direction’s schools, cultural sector and place-based programmes.
- Strategy and planning – to develop and deliver a communications strategy for A New Direction’s schools, cultural sector and place-based programmes, planning and co-ordinating activity across a range of programmes with multiple stakeholders, partners and funders
- Content creation – to develop our suite of creative assets and explore new formats to communicate our work, with a focus on digital delivery alongside managing our website, e-comms, social media
- Business development – to support both our business planning and fundraising goals, working with the Senior Communications Manager to feed into a cohesive approach to communications across A New Direction
- Internal Communications – working with colleagues to reinforce our values and organisational culture, increase information flow and sharing updates across the team, ensuring a consistency of messaging and feeding into the overarching narrative of the organisation, and reinforcing the message that we
are ‘one organisation’.
- Press / PR– working with partner organisations and A New Direction’s Senior Communications Manager to increase A New Direction’s PR output, to complement relationships with national, local and trade media and broadcast, bloggers, influences and networks to increase our media coverage and raise our profile
- Brand development – to work with communications colleagues to build and grow A New Direction’s brand, and sub-brands, developing clear narrative and messaging, ensuring consistency and adherence to brand and visual guidelines
- Managing agencies and suppliers – to work with freelancers and external suppliers, including printers and designers, to develop marketing materials that adhere to the brand and visual identity. Also producing branded materials inhouse as required.
- External relations – To represent A New Direction externally, attending meetings, developing and delivering presentations, and networking at events and conferences.
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week)
Salary: £33,770 – £40,184 (depending on experience)
Contract: 12 months fixed term
Reporting to: Senior Communications Manager
Location: London with option for hybrid working
A New Direction is an award-winning non-profit organisation working to enhance the capacity and agency of children and young people in London to own their creativity, shape culture, and achieve their creative potential.
We do this by working with a diverse range of partners, making connections, sharing practice, influencing change, improving the ecology that surrounds children and young people, and by providing real and transformative opportunities - from childhood, through school years and into employment.