The Baliga Ayurveda Clinic is seeking an experienced and highly motivated female massage and beauty therapist to join its team at Nile Street.
The clinic is seeking candidates who are able and qualified to carry out various treatments such as deep tissue massage, pregnancy massage, Aromatherapy, Indian head massage, lymphatic drainage, Ayurvedic massage and/or sports massage.
Candidates who have the right to work in the UK. Nursing/physiotherapy/chiropractor/osteopath degree students without professional registration are encouraged to apply. We can provide the necessary training to suitable candidates.
The individual is specifically responsible for the delivery and quality of massage treatments at our centre. They should undertake these duties responsibly and always act in a professional and courteous manner.
Qualification and Skills:
- An NVQ level 3 or higher qualification in Deep Tissue and/or Sports Massage
- Your own insurance and Professional Association membership
- Extensive knowledge of anatomy and movement in regard to soft tissue mobilisation
- Excellent communication and client retention skills
- Excellent understanding of best practices in the therapeutic industry
The ideal candidate will be:
- Willing to learn and adapt new treatment protocols
- Passionate about what you do
- Personable, friendly and have a love of working with clients
- Professional, reliable and punctual
- Computer literate
- First Aid trained
- Take responsibility for the delivery of high-quality massage treatments
- Performing 30, 60 and 90-minute Swedish, deep tissue, pregnancy massage, Indian head massage, Aromatherapy, lymphatic drainage, Ayurveda and sports massages in a professional and tranquil environment
- Identifying client requirements and creating a treatment plan
- Using expert massage therapy to improve client conditions and reduce pain
- Informing clients about available massage treatments and which treatments may be the most beneficial to them
- Maintaining a detailed and accurate history of each client using our software, including information like chronic illness, medication and past injuries
- Providing clients with guidance for improved general well-being and offering specialist advice
- Maintaining high standards at all times, within the treatment room and centre as a whole
- Ensure that the massage rooms are properly prepared and ready, upon opening, to receive customers and that they are properly presented, clean, tidy and attractive
- The position is required weekdays and weekends with the option of taking on additional hours
- Willingness to perform additional duties pertaining to the healthcare centre
Baliga Ayurveda Clinic is a complementary medicine and skin clinic near Old Street Station in London.
Our clinic specialises in Ayurveda, an ancient Indian system of medicine that promotes holistic well-being and balance in the body, mind, and spirit.
With over a few thousand years of observation and documentation, ancient Indians have developed a comprehensive understanding of our physiology, pathology, and the impact of our diet, lifestyle, and environment on our health and well-being.
We believe that each individual is unique, with a specific constitution or dosha, which is a combination of Vata (air and ether), Pitta (fire and water), and Kapha (earth and water). Our goal is to restore and maintain the balance of these doshas to achieve optimal health.
We employ various approaches to cure or treat various diseases, including herbal remedies, dietary guidelines, detoxification practices, yoga, meditation, surgical techniques, and lifestyle recommendations. However, it's essential to consult qualified practitioners before considering Ayurvedic treatments.
Apart from Ayurveda, we also offer aesthetic treatments such as laser hair removal and chemical peel for acne, fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and bright and healthy-looking skin. We use these techniques as a tool to offer treatment for the management of various health-related issues.