• Be welcoming and friendly to all our customers, reliable and a good communicator
• Setting up the café at the start of the day and packing down and cleaning up thoroughly once closed, following opening and closing procedures
• Gaining thorough knowledge of all the products we have available and the way we provide service
• Perfecting your barista skills by making incredible speciality coffees, teas and other drinks
• Taking customer orders and serving them either at the counter or table with efficiency and accuracy
• Supervising the café team and supporting the kitchen team
• Upholding and maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the café at all times and overseeing weekly deep cleaning, daily cleaning procedures, and frequent bathroom checks
• Operating the till system and taking cash or card payments
• Helping to prepare food, like toasties, sandwiches, smoothies, juices, and porridge
• Ensuring Health & Safety standards are upheld and maintained
• Clearing tables, cleaning dishes by hand before putting them through the dishwasher, drying and polishing cutlery, crockery
• Occasionally take on extra duties/shifts in the event of being short-staffed
• Reporting to the Assistant Manager and Managing Director
• At least 2 years’ experience and a proven track record of working in hospitality, preferably with barista and bar experience
• Have at least completed a level 1 in food hygiene before working with us – which we can provide for the ideal candidate
• Punctual, reliable and an excellent attention to detail
• Able to self-manage and supervise a team
• Excellent communication skills with customers, team members, and management – never afraid to ask for help or admitting when mistakes have been made
• Have the ambition to grow and develop with us and become a vital part of the team
• Able to open and close the café as required, which includes putting out the benches in the morning and putting them away for close
• Hands-on, positive attitude and a real team player
• A high standard of personal presentation
• Confident, calm, and professional approach
• A passion for food and developing your culinary and barista skills
• Must be able to do the hours agreed as a minimum and have a flexible schedule
• Interested in contributing to our social media pages
• Interested in events
• Bar trained
• Living close to Hackney Wick or Bow
• Paid holidays
• Pension contribution
• Food provided on shift if working over 6 hours
• Paid breaks
• Share of tips
• Barista training by Allpress Espresso
• Personal & professional development
The Breakhouse Café, which was launched in September 2020, is an independent café based in London's Hackney Wick’s iconic Fish Island. The area is up and coming and the Café is part of a refurbished business park that is home to creative studios.
The owners of The Breakhouse Café have been involved in the hospitality industry for over 15 years. They have spent their career working in the East London and Hackney Wick area and the concept of The Breakhouse is derived from their love of organising events hosting and of course, enjoying amazing quality food and beverages.
The Breakhouse Café has become a pillar of the community, an inclusive venue, creative and unique. A space welcoming of everyone’s tastes, for customers to escape the daily grind, even if it is for a quick stop.
The Café provides honestly scoured produce, that is sustainable and ethical, in a lively and welcoming atmosphere, with friendly and hospitable staff.
We are currently seeking a FOH Café Supervisor to join our established team. We are looking for someone who is a coffee lover with an understanding of the classic breakfast, but also has a keen interest in healthy vegan and vegetarian dishes.
Excellent Hygiene is something we are very proud of here at The Breakhouse, so cleanliness and working efficiently is very important.
Community engagement is really important to us, the ideal candidate will have an interest in being involved in community events, as well as being social, and having friendly and courteous customer service.
Excellent time keeping is a must, therefore only Applicants who live within a 3-mile radius of the Café will be considered for the role.
We are a young Café and who has established our routine and regular customers, so this is a great time to join the team and demonstrate a commitment to the growth of The Breakhouse Café.