The Trampery on the Gantry is a joyous experiment in utilising open space to provide cost-effective studios for local creative businesses.
In collaboration with Here East and architects HawkinsBrown, the large steel structure created at the back of the Broadcast Centre for the Olympics in 2012 has been repurposed to give life to twenty-one beautifully designed freestanding studios with 10,000 square feet of space surrounding them.
Role: The Gantry Workspace / House Manager
Contract: Permanent full-time
Working hours: 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Base salary: £30,000 per annum.
Location: Broadcast Centre, Here East, 1 Waterden Rd, London E15 2HB
Reports to: Workspace Operations Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
– Act as overall manager for the Trampery on the Gantry community and primary point of contact for all members, guests & visitors
– Working with key strategic partners involved in the site – Here East and local community part of the Innovation Hub.
– Develop the community in the space, connecting people together and building a strong community spirit amongst members
– Lead on all community contracts including, invoicing & payments
– Lead and coordinate social events for the community
– Champion members’ events
– Build a database of contacts for social events
– Represent the Gantry community at relevant events
– Be the face of The Trampery for the surrounding local community
– Manage suppliers and contractors
– Collect data and feedback from members
– Track and report the occupancy rate
– Maintaining an up-to-date record of members on The Trampery’s CRM
– Be the primary point of contact for members, guests and visitors
– Keeping consumables replenished
– Keeping interior tidy & beautiful
– Opening up and closing down of the space
– Using relevant Software to engage the community
– Liaise with The Trampery’s Operations team with any facilities issues & coordinate maintenance accordingly
– Day-to-day management of onsite facilities and operational tasks
– Oversee the effectiveness of all the external services e.g. cleaners
– Liaise with Facilities, Workspace and Operations Team to maintain a high standard Health and Safety procedure across the workspace as well as be responsible for the workspace aesthetic and overall experience of the space
– Complete weekly Health and Safety checks and bi-annual fire drills
WORKSPACE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
– Lead a strategy for studio enquiries, negotiation and sales
– Convert enquiries into members, ensuring the highest possible occupancy rate across the community
– Reconcile budgets, oversee the Finance Department and the Workspace Team – P&L reports and maintain low operational cost
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
– Provide regular social media content, working with our Head of Marketing to engage the community
– Communicate effectively and mannerly with our members
– Provide the highest level of customer care
– Lead on communication content and management for the Gantry website
– Produce weekly newsletters
– Partnership brokering across the community both internal and external
– Find it easy to build relationships and rapport with a variety of individuals, particularly our members and partners
– Are highly organised with an excellent ability to multitask and prioritise their work
– Possess first-rate written and spoken communication skills and manners
– Can demonstrate project management and coordination skills
– An interest in the creative industry
– Experience effectively managing communities with a human touch and optimal approach
– Familiarity with the creative sector and/or startup scene and the local area
– Understanding of excellent practices in customer service
– Enthusiasm and experience in implementing sustainability and wellbeing practices.
– Comfortable working autonomously and in a team.
– Very strong organisation and project management skills.
– Experience in running a business or a venue
– The right candidate will be able to approach this with confidence and be able to hit the ground running.
– A progressive, open-minded and kind culture.
– Each individual is free to be themselves and is supported in giving their best and develop
– Always striving to learn, improve, be better and build a better world
WHAT WE OFFER
– Company-wide Training, Learning & Development opportunities
– Regular team activities including socials, wellbeing and team builders
– Headspace subscription
– Charlie HR Perks and Discounts to thousands of vendors
– Remote working (1 full week per year)
– Cycle to work / Annual travel card schemes
– 32 days off per year (20 days annual leave, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 day off during your birthday week plus paid holiday closure from Christmas Day to New Year’s Day – with a half day off on Christmas Eve (unless stated differently in your contract)
– Day of personal significance swap (eg swap Easter bank holiday for another religious holiday)
– Free guest pass to workspace for partner, friend, or child once a month
Apply with your CV and Covering Letter or a Video / Audio brief introduction to yourself and why you applied to email@example.com.
We welcome applications from people who identify as neurodiverse and want our recruitment process to be as accessible as possible. If you need us to make an adjustment or provide additional support as you apply for a role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Recruitment team will contact you to discuss how we can help. Research has shown that women are less likely than men to apply for a role if they do not have experience in 100% of the areas mentioned in a job description. Please know that the list above is indicative and that we would still love to hear from you even if you feel you don’t have experience in all the areas but think that you could do the job.
The Trampery is a purpose-led enterprise that provides support to entrepreneurs from under-represented backgrounds, offers training for businesses seeking to target social and environmental goals, and works to advance the well-being of its team and the community.
Since its creation 10 years ago founding Tech City’s first startup workspace, The Trampery has cultivated an ecosystem of six shared workspaces and sector-focused facilities across London.
More than 500 entrepreneurs, innovators and creative businesses have called The Trampery home.
The Trampery is proud of our supportive and inclusive culture, and we are committed to making it a welcoming place for everyone who comes to work with us. The Trampery is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applications. We do not discriminate based on, but not limited to, the following; age, education, disability, gender identity, partnership status, parental status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. The Trampery is a purpose-led business. All profit is reinvested to advance our mission.