Dogs of Alcibiades, guarding the Bonner Entrance of Victoria Park

The story behind the Dogs of Alcibiades statues in Victoria Park

The statues are marble sculptures of Molossian Hounds and were donated to the park by Lady Aignarth, a wealthy and clearly rather generous resident of East London, in 1912. They are rumoured to have been a commemoration of her late husband, Horatio, who passed away that year.

Read more