Mother Works cafe is looking for a new team leader for our Front of House team, serving organic and plant-based food from our cafe in Hackney Wick. We are open for the role to be full time. Ideally, you have experience working in other cafes or restaurants, and have a passion for good customer service and having a positive impact on our local community.
Desired qualities and responsibilities include:
– Food Enthusiastic. Passionate about food, coffee, all drinks and keen to learn.
– A strong customer service background (Hospitality and Retail).
– At least one year of experience working in a front of house environment or another fast-paced environment.
– Great attention to detail in all aspects of foodservice.
– Engage with customers in a positive and uplifting way, including taking orders and upselling.
– Ensure that food delivery apps are always on and up to date with the correct menu.
– Liaise with the kitchen including ensuring that any deliveries (uber + deliveroo) go out on time.
– Be able to run allocated stations/tasks set by the General Manager and Operations Director.
– Ensure the fridges/displays are stocked and clean.
– Complete daily accountability forms and prep lists.
– Receive deliveries and put away stock.
– Good understanding of HACCP standards and cleaning activities.
– Correct storage and labelling of food as per guidance from the kitchen.
– Clean and maintain all equipment and site areas to a high standard.
– Basic food preparation to a high standard and complete Level 2 food safety cert.
– Excellent team player; able to engage positively with team and customers.
– Quick learner, able to multitask under pressure.
– Positive and can-do personality.
– Problem-solving – able to solve customer complaints and provide aid to staff members.
– Excellent level of spoken and written English.
– Committed to learning our sustainable practices (waste management, food waste, etc.).
– Attend mandatory meetings/training every quarter with the General Manager and Operations Director.
– Report any issues to the General Manager or Operations Director as well as any insights on how to improve the business (discussed at monthly operations meetings).
– Basic technological skills to use apps and spreadsheets.
– Any other ad hoc duties as required.
– Right to work in the UK.