Calverts is looking to recruit a new Finance and administration worker to join its small office team in Cambridge Heath.
The role is initially offered as 21 hours/3 days per week, with flexibility by negotiation. Basic pay is pro rata to the full time salary of £40,860 p.a.
Calverts estimates the breakdown between the core financial work and administration element to be approximately 45%/55%, with the finance responsibilities as follows:
– Purchase Ledger
– Sales Ledger
– Monthly management accounts
– VAT submissions
– Payroll & Pensions
– Year end work
– Liaising with the external accountant/auditor
– Preparing annual budgets.
General administration responsibilities may include:
• Managing the office space and infrastructure
• Maintaining our electronic and physical file folders
• Posting data and documents to the Tharstern MIS
• Overseeing company card purchasing
• Employee records, including timesheets and absences
• Facilitating the cooperative’s management committee
• Overseeing legal and environmental compliance
• Liaising with tech support
• Site safety and emergency planning
Calverts uses Xero accounting software, linked to an industry standard Tharstern management information system (training provided). Brightpay is used for payroll and pension; Breathe for employee records.
Skills and experience
In addition to bookkeeping and finance management skills, you will need to have experience in office administration and professional MS Office applications. A background in design, production or creative industries is a plus.
It is looking for someone who:
– Is at ease working in a democratic environment with plenty of autonomy, as well as accountability
– Has a systematic and accuracy-driven approach to task management
– Is able to quickly to adapt to new systems, then challenge and improve them
Please send CV and covering letter/email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Calverts is a leading printing and graphic design cooperative in Bethnal Green, east London. The company has been collectively owned and run by our employee members for 45 years. We have a strong profile as an environmentally responsible firm.