Bow Arts is seeking an experienced finance professional to join the Bow Arts team. The role holds a key position in the Core Services department overseeing the smooth running of the daily finance function for the Charity and its Trading subsidiary.
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week, Mon to Fri 9am-5pm
Location: On-site Bow Arts office
Salary range: £28,000 – £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Monthly & quarterly management accounts:
– Maintain fixed asset/depreciation schedules and reconcile with SAGE
– Manage the month end process and assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts, including Balance Sheet and Cash Statements
– Reconcile and process the monthly payroll journals into SAGE
– Process receipts of grants and donations
– Process quarterly Gift Aid claims, VAT returns and CIS returns
– Maintain and manage schedules for depreciation, prepayments, accruals & deferred income – posting monthly and quarterly journals as required
– Oversee any intercompany transactions and monthly reconciliation of these
Banking and payment systems:
– Oversee the monthly bank reconciliation process, checking for and resolving errors
– Prepare and process monthly payment runs
– Make authorised payments by debit card, through online banking and via petty cash
– Reconcile departmental credit cards
– Monitor and review aged debtors and creditors
– Ensure Financial Policy and authorization controls are in place and being followed
– Oversee the work of the finance assistant including Sales and Purchase ledger processing
– Provide support and mentoring to the finance assistant
– Oversee year-end closures including production of financial schedules, preparation for the annual audit and compilation of the annual accounts and audit schedules
– Ensure that financial systems and processes are in place and operating effectively in the new financial year (April onwards)
To apply for this role, please visit our website to view the full job description and person specification and to download the application form.
Application Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 27th November 2022
Interview Date: Thursday 1st December 2022
Since 1994, Bow Arts has nurtured London’s diverse creativity and talent. We’ve provided artists and creative practitioners with affordable workspace, connecting them with local communities and supporting their professional development. We give communities throughout London greater access to and interaction with the arts, through our schools programme, workshops, exhibitions and events.
We’re an arts and education charity and a social enterprise; our services support the growth of sustainable local creative economies. Over 500 artists, designers and makers are affiliated with Bow Arts through our workspaces, Nunnery Gallery, affordable housing for creatives, and award-winning schools and young people’s learning programme.