New opportunity to work within a team to deliver a person-centred Community Hub that promotes the independence of adults with learning disabilities and supports their carers. To support and work in partnership with people with a learning disability who access the Community Hub to develop a range of activities and information sessions which promotes independence, employment opportunities, development of skills and health and well-being. Work within the wider CLDS multi-disciplinary team to promote choice, wellbeing and the safeguarding of adults with learning disabilities.
Salary: £31,731 – £33,474
- Work closely with the team
- To work in partnership with Adults with a Learning Disability to develop independent living skills
- Support recruitment and training, report writing and feedback to key partners
- Work in partnership with adults with a learning disability to facilitate or lead group or individual sessions including drop in sessions.
- To work in partnership with people who access the Hub and CLDS to promote safeguarding, reporting any concerns to CLDS in line with the guidelines of the organisation.
- Support people who access the Hub to identify their goals and aspirations and support them to identify and plan how their outcomes may be achieved. To support those who may benefit from having a key worker
- Assist people taking medication as per their support plan
- To use Information Technology Systems and to supportpeople who access the Community Hub to develop skills in using information technology, promoting digital inclusion
- Actively contribute to the council’s priorities and outcomes in a way that promotes a ‘one organisation’ approach.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and communities
- Promote equality among all staff and ensure that services are delivered in a non-discriminatory way
- Support organisational change and learning, following and implementing appropriate systems of self-development, communication and engagement, quality measures, monitoring and review in delivering the functions of the role.
- Promote sustainability, including encouraging a culture of innovation and accountability amongst all council staff.
- This is for roles that have budgetary responsibility, e.g. the requirement of managing budgets, delivery targets and the efficient deployment of resources – delete if not applicable]
- To maintain accurate and up to date records as required, which may include individual plans with people who access the Community Hub, individual financial records
- To participate and contribute to regular meetings
- To ensure that all repairs are reported to management, ensuring that all duties are carried in accordance with
council’s Health and safety polices.
- Ensure that all duties and responsibilities are carried out in accordance with the Council’s Health and Safety polices.