90 Degree Melt is famous for serving up oozing, melting, deliciousness, with entirely vegetarian, and often vegan, ingredients. Today, they’re bringing us the recipe for their amazing vegan pancakes, complete with coconut and maple syrup toppings.
1.5 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
3/4 cup soy milk
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp oil
1 cup unrefined sugar or 1/2 cup molasses
1. Mash the bananas into a smooth paste.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together
3. Add the soy milk, maple syrup and oil to the dry ingredients to make a smooth, lump free and thick batter
4. Heat a pan or griddle to medium high heat and oil the surface
5. Spoon a generous ladle onto the pan and wait for the bubbles to form and start bursting – usually takes about 2-3 minutes
At this point, flip and cook on the other side for another couple of minutes.
Douse the pancakes in your favourite Maple Syrup, bananas, berries and Vegan Coconut Cream. For an extra romantic touch, sprinkle with crushed pistachios and rose petals!
You can find 90 Degree Melt at 235 Mile End Rd, London E1 4AA.
If you liked this, why not try Muxima’s elderflower and rhubarb sponge cake recipe.
Please support local journalism.
As a not-for-profit media organisation using constructive journalism to strengthen communities, we have not put our digital content behind a paywall or subscription fee as we think the benefits of an independent, local publication should be available to everyone living in our area.
We are powered by members. Hundreds of members have already joined. Become a member to donate as little as £3 per month to support constructive journalism and the local community.