For over seventy years the Brady Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs provided community, friendship and mentoring to thousands of Jewish youth in the East End of London. It was a place where life-long relationships were made, where young people stepped out of underprivileged and often difficult circumstances and were supported to follow their dreams.
The first Brady Club for Working Lads was founded in 1896 by Lady Rothschild who wanted to improve the social quality of life for those living in the area. The Club continued to grow and in 1925 Miriam Moses OBE established the Brady Girls Club.
The Club grew in popularity, until the mid-70s when the East End’s Jewish population started to decline.
But much of the Club’s history is recorded in photographs held in the Brady Photographic Archive, many of which were rediscovered recently having been stored in a loft for 40 years.
These are now on display in an exhibition this September and the collection is being digitised in order to preserve the stories and materials for the future.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.