Black History Month Commissions!
Tower Hamlets Council is supporting Black History Month in 2022 with commissioning opportunities. We are seeking proposals from organisations that are able to deliver community focused, cultural, arts, and heritage-based activities and events.
Commission fees range from £500 to £1500.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Wednesday 6 July, at 12 noon.
Key Criteria for funding:
- Close alignment with Black history and culture
- A strong focus on arts, culture and heritage (including post-colonial)
- Delivery by an organisation either based in, or with a strong connection to the borough
- (Live) events must take place within the borough
- All projects must have participatory elements and demonstrate targeting and engagement with Tower Hamlets communities
- Clear benefits to the local community in Tower Hamlets e.g. through participation, enjoyment, skills development, tackling loneliness and isolation, learning, progression routes etc
- Innovation and value for money
- Target beneficiaries – making specific reference to your target beneficiaries and specify the methods you will use to reach them and how you will measure this.
To apply, see here.